Experienced Hand Surgeon
Dr. Peter Snitovsky is a specialist in the treatment of the hands and hand surgery. He is Board Certified by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery and is fellowship-trained in orthopedic treatment of the hand.
Dr. Snitovsky offers his patients state-of-the-art diagnosis, treatment and care for the hands and upper extremity disorders. He believes in ‘surgery as the last option’, but if it comes to that, you will be in the capable care of a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
Knowledge You Can Trust
Treatment of the hand, wrist and elbow is a highly specialized field that deals with a broad set of conditions and symptoms. Dr. Snitovsky and his staff work diligently to provide attentive, personalized care to each and every patient, so they can be relieved of the pain and mobility problems associated with these conditions of the hand.
Many hand conditions can be treated with non-surgical approaches. Dr. Snitovsky’s philosophy is to resort to surgery as a final option. As such, he can often produce results through non-surgical approaches like medication, injections, and/or physical therapy.
However, when surgery is appropriate, Dr. Snitovsky can often proceed with advanced and minimally invasive procedures that can be provided on an outpatient basis.
Chicago Hand Surgeon
The team at Alex Orthopaedics evaluates and manages problems involving pain or injury in the hand, arm, forearm, wrist and elbow. Patients frequently come to us for the management of:
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sprains, strains, and muscle or ligament tears
- Injuries to tendons, nerves, or vessels
- Numbness or weakness in the hand or arm (including carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Arthritis Contractures
- Swelling or inflammation
Specifically, Alex Orthopaedics treats a wide range of orthopedic conditions, such as:
- Flexor tendon repair (repair of tendon that bends the fingers)
- Fingertip injuries (injury around the nail and sensitive pad)
- Carpometacarpal boss (a bone bump on the back of the hand)
- Gamekeeper’s thumb (ligament rupture at base of the thumb)
- Boxer’s fracture (fifth metacarpal neck fracture)
- Volar plate avulsion injury (hyperextension injury of the fingers)
- Extensor tendonlaceration (cut tendon that extends the finger)
- Mallet finger (an injury to the finger that causes the end to droop)
- Dupuytren’s disease (a contracture of the palm soft tissue)
- Tendonitis (pain along specific tendons from injury or overuse)
- Finger fractures (fractures of the small bones of the fingers)
- Basal Joint Arthritis (pain in the base of the thumb and swelling)
- Trigger finger (clicking, catching and pain in the finger motion)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrom (numbness and tingling in the fingers)
Call Today to Make an Appointment
Conveniently located right off I-94 (Edens Expressway)
4801 W Peterson Ave, Ste 606
Chicago, IL 60646
Si Habla Espanol
For more information on hand surgery and treatment, visit the American Society for Surgery of the Hand website.
Alex Orthopaedics also provides hand surgery and treatment for residents in and around:
Arlington Heights, Aurora, Bolingbrook, Chicago, Deerfield, Des Plaines, Downers Grove, Elgin, Elk Grove, Elmhurst, Evanston, Glenview, Highland Park, Hoffman Estates, Lombard, Morton Grove, Mount Prospect, Naperville, Niles, Northbrook, Park Ridge, Schaumburg, Skokie, Wheeling, and Wilmette